Geoenvironmental Consultant Opportunity
Tweedie Evans Consulting Ltd (TEC) are an established consultancy with a strong track record of working in partnership with our clients to provide creative and cost effective solutions to some of the most challenging development sites. We place real value on providing a dynamic, challenging and rewarding place to work.
TEC is seeking geoenvironmental consultants to join the busy team at its head office in Wells, Somerset.
TEC are a highly-regarded team of specialists providing consultancy services across the UK in contaminated land assessment and remediation, ground engineering, environmental monitoring and waste management.
The role will involve working within the established team to deliver a diverse range of projects across the financial, development, infrastructure and industrial sectors.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills and have a good understanding of UK legislation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly motivated, enthusiastic and close-knit team. Training and mentoring will be provided.
Key work areas shall include:
- Phase I Geoenvironmental & Geotechnical Assessments:
- Undertaking of desk based research including site reconnaissance surveys
- Preparing reports under supervision of senior team members
- Phase II Geoenvironmental & Geotechnical Assessments including:
- An initial supporting role in site investigation progressing to carrying out investigations independently
- On-site monitoring of gas, groundwater and surface water
- Data input, management and interpretation
- Factual and interpretative report writing
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, practically minded, organised, confident and self-motivated, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to build working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Ability to accurately input data into software programs.
- Well organised and be able to prioritise own workload with minimal supervision.
- Ability to accurately measure and record environmental data.
- Numerically competent.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Competent and efficient report writing skills.
- Team player.
- Flexible attitude to time management, travelling, office based and site works
- A degree in the following or associated science/engineering disciplines is required: Geology, Environmental Science, Environmental Geoscience, Applied Geology or Geotechnical Engineering.
- A post-graduate qualification would be advantageous, although not essential.
- Experience and proficiency in using AutoCAD packages would be advantageous.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
How to Apply
Please email us at email@example.com and provide a covering letter and your CV.